I present a simple data model for an EMR created using ARGO UML
Key components of this model:
- Patient – the person treated by the physician
- Physician – doctor
- Medication – drug prescribed for a diagnosis
- Encounter – a patient visit
- Diagnostics – what the physician deduces is wrong with the patient.
- 1:1 (one to one) – where one component can only be related to one instance of another component.
- 1:m (one to many) – where one component is related to several instances of another component
- m:m (many to many) – where several components are related to several instances of another component
Below is the model with comments alongside each object and each relationship